Last week's news that Sony was trying to trademark the phrase "shock and awe" for use in an upcoming game title got quite a bit of reaction around the world. Sensing a publicity nightmare, Sony has said registering the phrase was a mistake and they're backing off plans for such a game. Knowing the state of the gaming industry, I doubt others will feel the same way, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some other game company come out with a "Shock and Awe" game - building on the publicity that Sony generated.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You