Over a year ago we had a post about how eBay was pushing out pawn shops as the popular way to fence stolen goods. It seems that nothing much has changed, as plenty of stolen products are still showing up and eBay still claims it's just a "minor" problem - nothing you should concern yourself with. However, the article does have one story of a woman who bought a laptop via eBay, and then found out it was stolen when she tried to call for service from the manufacturer.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact