Here's another silly patent battle from a company struggling to survive. Juno is suing NetZero and Qualcomm for infringing on a patent that allows ads to be shown to users while they are offline. I can't believe a patent was actually issued for such a concept. I can believe, however, that a company like Juno might be so desperate as to sue over such a patent. I think suing over silly patents might just be the business model of many internet companies in the next few months.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact