Despite all of the evidence that Craigslist represents a real challenge in competing for revenue that used to go to newspapers, it turns out that most newspaper editors have never heard of Craig Newmark or Craigslist -- and many seem to disregard the idea that an amazingly popular site of (mostly) free classifieds could possibly compete with them. However, the situation might get even worse for those newspapers, as Craig has indicated a few times that he may start competing with them even more, by launching a "citizen journalism" project related to Craigslist.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA FOIA Response Claims Data On Vendor Contracts 'Unsearchable'
- Eric Schmidt Claims Google Considered Moving Its Servers Out Of The US To Avoid The NSA
- DailyDirt: Not So Secret Nuclear Weapons
- Apparently James Clapper And The NSA Don't See Eye-To-Eye On Transparency
- 2009: Man Buys 5000 Bitcoins For $27, Forgets About Them. 2013: Man Rediscovers His Bitcoins, Now Worth $886,000