kenichi tanaka’s Techdirt Profile

wolfe426

About kenichi tanaka

kenichi tanaka’s Comments comment rss

• May 19th, 2015 @ 12:14pm

(untitled comment)

I seriously hope that the Obama Administration keeps tightening its grip around the necks of the American People because we're heading close to a revolution in this country where the people are starting to get fed up with the perverted sense of entitlement that our government thinks it's entitled to.

Since when does our government have more power than the people? This has been heating up for a long time, ever since The Patriot Act was first passed and Americans are no longer standing up for it.

If anyone thinks that this so-called Arab Spring and these civilian protests and riots in other countries was bad, just wait until it erupts in the United States.

• May 18th, 2015 @ 7:22am

Did I read that right?

Either the Justice Department has some big balls or they are grossly misinformed about their roll in our country. They are nothing more than the figurehead for law enforcement and justice in this country. The Justice Department does not get the right to tell the courts what they can and cannot do.

The courts are the only entity in this country that can issue legal injunctions, order and decrees by which every person, every business, every entity in what they can or cannot do.

Last I checked, the Justice Department has no authority over our courts and the Justice Department cannot tell the courts what to do. You got to hand it to Loretta Lynch that she has the gall to issue such a directive to the courts. That really takes a big set of balls to have.

• May 15th, 2015 @ 7:03pm

(untitled comment)

I'm so glad that the FTC slapped Michigan and the big 3 automakers. I live in Flint Michigan and I lost all respect for General Motors when they abandoned Flint and then they have the gall to be upset when they are faced with legitimate competition?

The Big 3 Automakers deserve this slap in the face and I stand here laughing at their dumb arses because they are getting exactly what they deserve.

They are the aging dinosaurs who need to step aside and let real progress into the marketplace. They are worried because if they were not, they wouldn't be demanding that Michigan create new laws to prevent Tesla from operating in the state.

You don't see Michigan passing laws banning Sony, Toshiba or Samsung products from being sold in the state so why should automakers get preferential treatment?

• May 11th, 2015 @ 7:31pm

(untitled comment)

The thing everyone is forgetting is "what kind of a moron walks around carrying $16,000 in cash in the first place". Either you are a complete and total moron or you're the dumbest person on the face of this planet.

• May 11th, 2015 @ 2:44pm

(untitled comment)

I* have absolutely no sympathy to this train passenger who was carrying $16,000 in cash. Every time I hear one of these stories about how Americans are getting their cash seized by law enforcement during some vacation while traveling in a vehicle or train, I just think how stupid Americans really are.

Talk to anyone and they will tell you to never carry a large amount of cash with you. Large amounts of cash signal only one thing: criminal enterprise.

You ask the bank for a cashier's check, money order or transfer the money either through Western Union or whatever. YOU DO NOT TRAVEL WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF CASH.

Never mind that you could get robbed by someone who knows you're traveling with a lot of cash. MORONS.

I don't blame the DEA in this case for any reason. What are they going to do, just take your word for it. If any perfect sense, they would need to do their own investigation. So, train passenger who had his $16k confiscated, GET OVER IT.

• May 8th, 2015 @ 1:21pm

(untitled comment)

Why did I say what I said? Because while Google takes down torrent links on their search engine, they are still be posting via Chilling Effects, which they post links to that website at the bottom of the search page when you conduct a search for a torrent.

• May 8th, 2015 @ 1:20pm

(untitled comment)

No sight is obligated to have a DMCA agent. That's just a voluntary thing that website owners have established. But, I stand by what I said. CE, while they are correct in posting those DMCA letters, they could very well be liable for reposting those links.

• May 8th, 2015 @ 1:16pm

(untitled comment)

That's hilarious. I have never gotten a request for information concerning my users but if I ever did, I would not turn that data over to a private company. I fight for the privacy rights of the registered members on my forum community as I also have that stated in my privacy policy.

DMCA notices? Yeah, right.

• May 8th, 2015 @ 1:10pm

(untitled comment)

I hate to point out the truly obvious here. But, if Chilling Effects posts DMCA takedown notices and they include links to torrent files to intellectual content owned by other people, then Chilling Effects becomes a torrent site that bypasses the efforts to take down pirated content.

Chilling Effects should be blacking out the torrent links but I suspect that CE may end up facing a lawsuit itself one day for reposting those torrent links.

• May 8th, 2015 @ 10:36am

(untitled comment)

Tell me about it. The dumbest lawsuit in America yet. Hey, can I sue because someone walked down the street the same way I do. LOLS

• May 8th, 2015 @ 10:29am

(untitled comment)

The lady driver in this video is a freaking moron. First, "could you take your sunglasses off because I don't feel safe. I want to see your eyes." WTF? This is a true blonde lady. WTF. She needs to get a life. What's she trying to do, pick up this cop for a romantic date?

Second, when it says "no parking, fire lane" it means just that, it's a fire lane for emergency vehicles. Just because there isn't a fire doesn't mean you can park there. I bet this dumb lady parks in handicapped parking space because according to her, nobody was using it at the time she decided to park there.

LOLS Someone slapped that ignorant woman with a stupid stick.

Stupid people like her don't deserve to be let loose in public.

• May 8th, 2015 @ 10:22am

(untitled comment)

The thing that bothers me is that handshakes are not protected by copyright. It's like copyrighting the way you walk down the street or the way you cock your head to the side. Pardon me for saying this but this lawsuit is ridiculous and I hope the judge sees it as that and dismissed the lawsuit.

WTF? Handshakes protected by DMCA, copyright and trademark? Like I said: WTF. LOLS

• May 7th, 2015 @ 6:19pm

(untitled comment)

Let me add that any politician who votes for such bills as I stated above should be removed from office immediately upon their vote.

• May 7th, 2015 @ 6:17pm

(untitled comment)

Our country has survived for more than 200 years without the retention of ALPR data. So why all the rush to retain this data? If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that our ELECTED OFFICIALS don't trust Americans any more, those same American morons who keep electing the same American morons who are in favor of these kind of bills/laws.

Morons who support laws like The Patriot Act, ALPR data retentions, metadata retention and anything that compromises the privacy rights of any citizen in this country should not be voted into office.

We need a law that says that no American can run for elected office if they support any law, amendment or resolution that compromises any of our constitutional rights.

• May 7th, 2015 @ 3:10pm

(untitled comment)

I'm no fan of our government and I'm also no fan of the politicians or agencies that are supposed to be managing our country. But, some courts, who routinely rule against the government find their decisions being overturned by other courts who are friendly to the Obama Administration. The U.S. Supreme Court is no different.

The U.S. Supreme Court are nothing more than lapdogs for President Obama and when ti concerns decisions that limit what the president can do, the Supreme Court routinely hands down decisions that benefit Obama and his corrupt organization.

I've rarely heard of an instance where the Supreme Court has ruled against Obama.

• May 7th, 2015 @ 11:39am

(untitled comment)

That didn't take long. Like I said in my comment above, the government is reviewing the court ruling and may end up appealing the decision:

U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said on Thursday the Department of Justice was reviewing a court decision that revived a challenge to a controversial National Security Agency program that collected the records of millions of Americans' phone calls.

"We are reviewing that decision," Lynch said at a Senate budget hearing.

She said the collection was a "vital tool in our national security" and that she was not aware of any privacy violations under the revised program.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/07/loretta-lynch-nsa-ruling_n_7233358.html?utm_hp_ref= politics

• May 7th, 2015 @ 11:35am

(untitled comment)

Yeah. I thought that techdirt does research on articles being written before they are published on the site. In this case, nobody at techdirt did any research on the article since the article was posted today.

All it took for me to find this information was less than five minutes to search Google. The article states that the vote hadn't happened yet when it actually has. Since the links in the article above were from April 23rd, it appears that nobody did any background on this new addition to Quebec's law before they published the article on the site.

I wasn't being mean when I posted, just stating that Techdirt could stand to research the articles it posts to ensure that the article has updated, factual information.

:p

• May 7th, 2015 @ 10:13am

(untitled comment)

Doesn't Techdirt research its articles before they post them on here? A simple search turns up that this new addition to the law was passed just recently:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1981579/illegal-insults-quebec-town-threatens-fines-for-online-in sults-to-police-officials/

Apparently, the article above is incorrect. :rotfl:

• May 7th, 2015 @ 9:37am

(untitled comment)

Much as I hope this ruling stands, I doubt that this ruling from the appeals court will stand. The ruling is going to end up getting struck down because the government will appeal the decision and a higher appellate court will either strike down that ruling or if it gets to the U.S. Supreme Court, they'll undoubtedly rule in favor of the government, who, rarely, rules against President Obama.

• Dec 16th, 2014 @ 5:37pm

(untitled comment)

I'm still trying to find that article but the only reason that Spain gave the AEDE that restrictive copyright law was only on the condition that news publishers capitulate to Spain's demands.

From what I had read, and I wish I had saved the link, Spain's news publishers had been hammering Spain's government of late and the bad press regarding the government corruption was taking its toll. They wanted the news media to fall in line and to stop the negative reporting. That's when this Faustian deal was struck and the media stopped their negative reporting, just like we have seen over the past six years in regards to Democrats and President Obama here in the United States.

AEDE got their Christmas wish and Spain intervened on AEDE's behalf and passed that law. However, Google called their bluff and shut down Google news and blacklisted news publishers from the Google News service. The AEDE certainly has some big balls to demand Spain intervene, AGAIN, and stop Google's withdrawal. But, one thing that got me to thinking, is that Google probably wasn't even hosting the servers to Google News (Spain) in the country itself. They probably just had the domain name registered with a Spanish registrar.

AEDE should have realized that Google would not capitulate to AEDE like the AEDE capitulated to Spain's government.

More comments from kenichi tanaka >>