Rapnel’s Techdirt Profile

rapnel

About Rapnel

Rapnel’s Comments comment rss

• Dec 1st, 2016 @ 8:47pm

None?

.. Iceland Food company with trademark in food industry has successful track record of preventing Iceland Anything from existing.. starting to affect Icelanders in Iceland.. Still no eyed deer?

It's all a little *silly*, isn't it? .. Still no fucking eyed deer?

• Dec 1st, 2016 @ 7:37pm

(untitled comment)

High level delegation, to Iceland, from foodCo, powns country's name. I don't understand.

Iceland Foods (owns Iceland)
    *Iceland Fairies (yes, for sale)
    *Iceland Chopsticks (yes, for eating Iceland Food)
    *Iceland Autowerks (autos work, wallets twirk)
    *Iceland Chicks (very hot girl band types in my imagination)
    *Iceland Snowland (very cold winter playground, also in my imagination) (someone's gotta see what I did there)
    *Iceland is Your land (slow jam)
    * Iceland (big little place where people can put feet on earth)

(* Wholly owned subsidiaries of Iceland Foods ™ - any references to those living or dead are purely coincidental. These people are professional actors. Animals may have been here.)

• Dec 1st, 2016 @ 5:38pm

wait..

fuck it, I need nothing.

• Dec 1st, 2016 @ 5:37pm

sorry, sorry.

With friends like these, who needs democracy?

• Dec 1st, 2016 @ 5:35pm

(untitled comment)

With representatives like these, who needs enemies?

• Dec 1st, 2016 @ 4:23pm

(untitled comment)

I don't suppose we could be so lucky that this trifecta turns into a one, two, three Wheeler show, eh?

• Dec 1st, 2016 @ 4:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally!

Enjoy the show you might learn why we all lost.

fixed

• Dec 1st, 2016 @ 4:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally!

I can all but guarantee we're not too, too concerned with "would haves" or "could haves". I know I"m fucking not. That I can guarantee.

Any pissing and moaning you perceive, I'd guess, is because we're fucked. Or we're certainly bent over and spreading, anyway. "We" the ones "using" this network utility.

... fucking joke. We are, pretty much officially, a nation of corporations. United by one common bond. Only one.

Trump did do well, did he not? I could care less, personally, as we are already spiraling.

• Dec 1st, 2016 @ 10:58am

Re: patents and copyrights- canada

??? I cannot fathom why you would be sitting on this.

• Nov 21st, 2016 @ 2:07pm

I imagined an imaginary scene from an imaginary play with .. deference to these poignant words:
    The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13 states independent 11 years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country ever existed a century and a half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.

• Nov 20th, 2016 @ 11:10am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sigh

Since it's fairly obvious you derived that I was telling him he was wrong you seem perfectly qualified for interpretive duties at the Hineylick Center for the Rehabilitation of Crack Abuse Victims. Thank your insight, sir. May I have another?

• Nov 18th, 2016 @ 5:35pm

(untitled comment)

Here I sit
    broken hearted
    I tried to vote
    and only farted.

But really, here's the thing, the harder you squeeze the more the juice comes out and the more juice that comes out the bigger the mess and the bigger the mess the less juice you have and when you run out of juice and you just keep squeezing in self-righteous indignation the ground becomes nourished and writhes beneath you and you learn, slowly, that you are being squeezed and you are being eaten and you are bleeding and only then do you see the error - you should have squeezed harder, you should have squeezed faster and you should have squeezed over a bowl because all is now lost and there's shit everywhere and you're bleeding. And you crawl towards the Tree of Liberty looking for more fruit and there is none. At last, we are safe.

• Nov 18th, 2016 @ 4:41pm

Re: Re: Sigh

Since it's fairly obvious Mr. Pres. Elect needs to start focusing now you kind of seem perfectly qualified to take over these truth and criticism duties. Truth to Powah, Brutha! Truth to Powahhh. Don't fuck this up.

• Nov 18th, 2016 @ 4:36pm

Re: Re: Sigh

You mean calling a spade a spade isn't cool? Too quick to qualify? Is he wrong? Wrong tone? Not CNN enough? Too much CNN? Were you guys upset? Is this a search for acceptance gone wrong? The power to change minds backfiring? What?

The guy is POTUS in a twitter tister with the NYT. Dude's pretty much whining. I might be with you on the "Constant" part though because that might tend to imply to infinity and beyond. He should definitely change that, like, immediately, or I could, you know, I could freak the fuck out. It's not right. Not cool.

• Nov 18th, 2016 @ 2:20pm

(untitled comment)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and place my bets on the Third Amendment being the last one standing.

• Nov 18th, 2016 @ 2:02pm

(untitled comment)

Erah, why don't we just go to the source of the problem and find and delete the speakers? Otherwise, you know, ad infinitum.

Or we could delete Germany's listeners. That might go.

• Nov 17th, 2016 @ 4:21pm

Really? Because I drop in for the free form flow of info that includes feelings, rants and opinions. Not too mention the old school approach to a comment section. There's absolutely nothing more inane than a bunch of carefully crafted and polished blog posts for not much value other than someone might take offense. That and I positively abhor the trends I'm witnessing with most "apps" (what-the-actual-fuck), mediation, advertisement, comment sections disappearing en-masse and.. fuck me, prosecutions founded on text and words and based on nothing more than pussy, fear-mongering, bitchy bullshit.

I expect dirt from techdirt, pure, unfiltered, dirty dirt. And I like bad words and, unlike the "pc" trends and views, it shows me grit and purity.. And fuck-all the puritanical, "I didn't hear what you said because I didn't like how you said it" crap because I can't fathom willful ignorance under any circumstances.

Everyone is expecting the Internet to make them some money. Look at telecom - the depth and breadth of that greed-based stranglehold makes me want to break shit. I pay .. hm.. too damn close to $500.00 a month for all my comms. And it's rapidly, extremely rapidly, turning into nothing but cable 2.0. I expect better from the Internet, I demand it. Speak your minds. Oh and thanks for sharing.

• Nov 2nd, 2016 @ 9:42am

(untitled comment)

The usage and current application of Copyright is the conspiracy - a few ticks above theory - anything else is a concocted distraction e.g. feigned moral outrage

• Oct 13th, 2016 @ 5:51pm

Re: What About Real Restaurants.

w.t.f are you on about? I've read your comment three times out of a sheer fascination with its ability to do nothing for me or the topic. iPic food? Local ethnic hangout preferences? The eating habits of toddlers. Small dark Jewish boys. I really have no idea. I think I enjoyed myself. Not certain. Please don't help me.

• Oct 1st, 2016 @ 11:56am

(untitled comment)

Why am I having such difficulty in understanding almost every comment so far on this posting?

Are lizard people even a thing?
    Are we actually insinuating here that we "trust" government to, I don't know, never behave in a solely self-preserving and protectionist manner?
    Are the currently agreed upon protocols somehow left vulnerable is some way I fail to understand?
    Do moderated TLDs pose some sort of threat to those that are not?
    ....
    Hold on.. I think the internet just went pitch dark.. The light has just gone off in my tube. My cat!! It's gone!

More comments from Rapnel >>