I understand the argument but I think it's quite a stretch.
When asked to point to the person in the room that I saw commit the crime I speak with my finger.
I can sign.
A fingerprint in this application is speaking. You telling your phone to unlock is no different speaking your mind - with your voice, your finger, your face, your pin or any other mechanism requiring your person or parts thereof.
The act of unlocking the thing is speaking. In this case, or others like it, this is potentially self-incriminating speech by any reasonable standard, imo.
1) The police can shoot you and kill you because of the idea of a weapon. Emphasis on idea.
2) There is this weird penchant where our armed and dangerous branches believe addressing a problem is the same as addressing a symptom.
3) Can someone tell me how equipping police to have a, far and away, superior tactical advantage over the policed does not threaten human and civil rights at every imaginable level at any imaginable moment? I can't legally purchase the same level of protection. As a bonus, these guys are practically immune to the legal system. They think they are the system.
4) Why do police believe themselves to be bosses? Non-compliance seems to be roughly equivalent to a death sentence. Or justification for near-death beatings, in the very least.
5) Empowering the powerful can only end badly. Empowering arrogant authority only hastens us towards that ending.
6) elif: From whence does this "authority" come?
7) True policemen are rare. Too rare.
I've always been afraid of the police, always. I think it's innate. I think we're doing it wrong. I think it's getting worse. And please, for fuck's sake, try not to fire until you can at least see a gun. Stop using the pussy excuse for being a thug criminal - equal, in every way, to any other.
I'm all but completely convinced our "choice" of president has become a joke on us.
National Security means You get the government we say you'll get and it matters fuck-all who happens to be president.
Those executive departments that are armed and informed rule. That threshold has been crossed. Accountability? Accounted for. Status: none.
The Constitution is effectively trumped - why not the rest of us?
100 mile borders. Secret law. Unjust mass incarceration. Bullshit wars. Secret lists. Corporate financed law. Order by intimidation, threat and ignorance. Our "moral high ground" is an inverted hole filled with a mix of mud, salt, blood and shit.
Election.. pfft. whatthefuckever.
Oh, I know, lets marginalize everyone holding up two, big, fuck you fingers, one each for blue and red.
Like our presidential candidates represent a choice, or something.
Not for nothing but I'm kind of a fan of that Baidu slingshot action. "You have 75 minutes of web search freedom. You find your wildest dream and desire to know curious things with no threat of beating or jail or missing family member for your curiosity. 75 minutes! Go search Baidu now!" (godzilla screeches in background)
yeah, yeah, Japan, I get it, but he was always a secret Chinese project.