Another topic might be needed here, but from the posts it looks like the inventor is listening, so now is my chance to say all I have found wrong with my MJ:
1. That dang startup icon pops right up in front of my screen and insists on staying on top and NOT moving. Turn that thing off or let me move it. Who else hates this?
2. Why does this thing take so long to startup? Put some of your SW resources into making it more efficient and transparent to the OS (Windows XP).
3. I really needed this to work on my HP Pavilion laptop on a trip and the SW would absolutely not install. I tried two different MJ units. They work on other identical laptops. Tech support tried everything and escalated the call but finally just gave up and said it doesn't work. Like #2, put more work into improving the SW. Still won't work on my XP laptop.
4. I already posted a comment on my conferencing experience. I hope my new success means this problem is behind us.
5. Sometimes I call numbers and the other end cannot hear anything I say, though I hear them fine. This is definitely a destination phone number problem and the problem stays with specific #'s, while other numbers work fine. These numbers may all have been within my state, and some are local. The problem is reliably repeatable, though so far if I wait a day or so the specific numbers start to work again. What's the deal?
Other than that I really like it. Thanks. Hope Dan is listening.
I have to comment, my MJ did this to me on an important call a couple weeks ago, and I was really pissed. Like many of you said tech support was no use and couldn't even really comprehend why I couldn't use their free conf service instead.
I tried again last week and now my conference calling numbers are working! Still works tonight. (gotomeeting.com)
Maybe Dan's (inventor) explanation about connecting is correct, but it would be nice if they had some info on the issue to give rather than just pissing off their customers.
Techdirt has not posted any stories submitted by David B.