I can still get parts for my 1952 antique tractor. Parts I don't have, I can find used, or have machined. In my work in electronics, I find that anything that has been built before can be built again, even if the parts that went into it are obsolete (microprocessors, etc.). It just takes money and planning. Did they just now realize they have a parts problem? Or did they plan this as a convenient excuse and not keep parts on hand or have orders in for replacement parts in advance?
Ugh, nothing is worse in the checkout lane at the store than the person who decides they're going to pay by check... Only, they just heard their total, and NOW they start looking for their checkbook. Rather than, you know, filling everything out but the total ahead of time... Or even just having it in hand ready to go! I'm the type of guy who usually shops without a cart and only has 2 or 3 items in hand that I specifically came in for, and this drives me crazy. Express lanes are the greatest myth of all time!
I am not a person who tells people to use a specific site or anything like that. What I am prone to do is pass along links of relevant stories of interest. For me, that is usually things related to musicians and copyright expansion and software patents (as it covers my interests and hobbies of software development, making music, and reading).
As for commenting... It depends. If the story has a low post count, or is a very relevant topic to me, I will always go in and read the comments. 80% the time I post a comment, it is because I want to comment on the story. The other 20% of the time, it is because I want to comment on something somebody else has said. I usually will make it a point to post if my viewpoint is somehow contrarian to the direction that the comments are going (no need for another "me too" post, ya know?).
Oh, and if I think I have something funny or insightful to say (ie. a relevant joke pops into my head), and the topic has a low post count, I'll almost always post as well.
I think it's just collusion with the toner cartridge industry lobby! First they get you with vendor lock in to their specific cartridges, then they get the government to use tankerloads of black ink per page!
Square Enix has already been on my shit list after they screwed over the fantastic Chrono Trigger project (several CT projects over the years, really) awhile back in the same way -- letting it go on for years of hard work before dropping the hammer. But as long as people will line up to buy Final Fantasy Rehashed XX, they don't care. I haven't bought nor played a Square product since the SNES days.
And honestly, they've even doubled down on their DRM stances recently too. Which also prevents me from throwing money at them. Which is fine; there have been plenty of great other game companies for me to throw it at that produce content how I want (see: Shadowrun Returns). More money for the artists and developers I care about that don't equate me with a machine that shits dollar bills into their hands on demand that they can slap around at will.
Having played quite a bit of D&D 3.5 in my day (and some Shadowrun 3.0), I thought it was a great creative outlet as well as a nice social experience. Say what you want about it, but sitting in a room with a half dozen buddies for several hours, snacking and playing, is actually quite fun. "Game Night" was one of my favorite weeknights, even if I didn't go to bed until after 4AM because of it (just to get back up for 8AM class).
I concur to an extent. They do change the rules a lot, and various services have a bad habit of going poof... Which is disappointing. I now use duckduckgo for my searches and have pared back to just a gmail and google sites page. My youtube account has a G+ account for no damn reason other than google has arbitrary stupid rules for no reason (did i mention it was stupid?).
"Your honor, we'd only like Aereo to be treated like a cable company when it suits us, and then not treated like one when it doesn't. Much like how Verizon wants to be under Title II for subsidies. But not for anything else. See, we've got precendent!"