"But why should the device itself have to connect to the internet for this? What about allowing the option, but also allowing you to download the most recent database onto a computer or flash drive and use it from there?"
1. Once you have setup your remote there's no need to connect again unless your going to be adding a new device or deleting one. The last time i need to connect my remote to the internet was five months ago when i added my WDTV Live.
2. There's probably ten's of thousand devices on that database and it's easier for them to add,and change entries then create a never ending files for download. One device i bought over two years ago had the wrong info for the control over the device, one phone to the customer support and they made the change to support it and now anyone the got the same device would be getting the new control info.
My harmony one controls my ac, clock radio, av receiver, tv, cable box, wdtv live, and xbox 360
"Lawler insists the math doesn't add up because without that marketing push, the number of subscribers would be much lower. HBO claimed that Lawler's math was right."
1. So every add I see for Game of Thrones or other HBO shows is paid for by the cable co.'s?
2. At this point who hasn't heard of HBO?
3. Cable Companies continue raising rates and charging for a everything little thing(like 2.50 per month per remote)and when difficult decision need to be made to save and few bucks HBO and other pay services go bye bye including Cable itself! So they might be helping in one end but totally screwing it up on the other!
4. I might be willing to sign up for HBO GO standalone but somewhere between 5.00 to 9.00 per month tops. I see no real value of paying more when Amazon, Netflix provide more for less.
Star ts around 7mins in, they all should feel ashamed of themselves. Its amazing that he can get on stage and talk about apps that have helped people with physical and learning disadvantages and yet that they pulled this crap with this app developer.
"He's blinded by the wiki-rhetoric. Movies are already an intensely collaborative product. The small movies usually have the input of 100s of people and the large movies may combine the work of tens of thousands of people. That's why the credits take forever to scroll by."
1)Please list what large movie has thousands of people working it
2)I didn't realize the food service people, personnel assistants, payroll, makeup & hair,etc all had a say in what final product would be.
Re: Oh I get it, all you have to do is ask people to "do better"
"Let me get this straight. I can write an open letter asking the food companies to do better on calories/taste/freshness/whatever and until they do, I'll feel free to just shoplift whatever I want. They need to earn my money.
Maybe the editors of Maxim or Playboy could write an open letter asking the women to "do better" at satisfying them and until then, they'll act like rakes or cads. "
You would be correct if we could download food and women from the internet nice try fool.
Deregulation( regulations also)is not what got us into this mess for me its the lack of transparency, openness and simplicity is the root issues. So into latter is introduced and followed upon correctly in wont matter.
Sorry to say I'm going to have to call you out and say BS!
"I don't want to cause a riot, but I worked for Israeli security."
"The main problem with any item you carry with you, is that you might hide stuff in it. From a shank to a real knife, to a bomb, etc. If the bottle is clear, the guard can see through it, test it, and scan it with the metal detector (which I fondly refered to as the beepy-thingie) to see if you can spot knives or even detonators.
You can't do that with a metallic bottle.
The security guard has no time to tap the bottle gently and "listen" for double-flooring, or rigged surface that might hide a knife, or even C4. He can't. He tells you to not bring it in."
Unless told otherwise C4 or any other type of explosive can be hidden in anything and would stupid to be hidden in something metal. Think of the shoe bomber and the whole liquid gel bomb threats! What makes you think the detonators would even be attached to the bomb and not be bought in by someone else or crafted by materials already in the building.
If t his is a bomb, it's still at risk of blowing up. But a dumpster has much less foot traffic than the Capitol building itself, so they may have made a judgment call of risk vs. the effort it takes to check this type of item. They know the area and 'soft spots' better than either of us. On top of that, "
Again BS, so lets see an explosive going off in a metal dumpster creating thousands metal fragments been propelled and a high rate hundreds of feet and making one hell of a loud bang is a minimal risk? Add to the fact the you allowing two way access to said container?
'Think analog. If a store doesn't sell u what u want, u are justified stealing it? "
I wonder if she would like others using this think analog bit when it comes to people for bashing the the industry(labels & artists) for its drugs, alcohol get those bitches & hoes attitudes and don't forget to kill those cops!