by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 23rd 2013 7:58am
We've had plenty of stories of dumb criminals being caught in surprising ways thanks to new technology. Particularly common are the criminals who confess via the internet. However, this next one is a new one: a Florida man named Scott Simon just happened to butt dial 911 at the very moment he was discussing plans to kill someone -- plans he followed through on moments later. It did not take long for the police to put two and two together and arrest Simon -- though, they're still looking for others who were with him. Of all the possible places that the phone could have accidentally dialed, it seems rather convenient that 911 was what it ended up on. Those "smartphones" really can be smart sometimes.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Proposed Florida Body Camera Law Riddled With Exceptions At Behest Of Police Union
- State Attorney Won't Reopen Questionable Investigation Unless Questionable Law Enforcement Agencies Provide The Evidence
- Hubris Defined: Dumb Murderer Takes A Selfie With His Dead Victim
- Florida Legalizes Teen Sexting By Trying To Outlaw Teen Sexting
- How Florida Police Falsely Arrest & Shame Men As Child Sexual Predators, Steal Their Cars... Then Try To Hide The Records