by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 23rd 2013 7:58am
We've had plenty of stories of dumb criminals being caught in surprising ways thanks to new technology. Particularly common are the criminals who confess via the internet. However, this next one is a new one: a Florida man named Scott Simon just happened to butt dial 911 at the very moment he was discussing plans to kill someone -- plans he followed through on moments later. It did not take long for the police to put two and two together and arrest Simon -- though, they're still looking for others who were with him. Of all the possible places that the phone could have accidentally dialed, it seems rather convenient that 911 was what it ended up on. Those "smartphones" really can be smart sometimes.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FL Senate Candidate Tries To Edit Scientology Links From Wikipedia Page, Streisanding Those Links Everywhere
- Utilities Are Playing Dirty In Florida To Kill Solar Energy Disruption In The Cradle
- Judge Tosses Evidence After 'COPS' Footage Contradicts Officer's Testimony
- The Unbelievably True Story Of How Craigslist Murdered Over 100 People
- Florida City's Police Guidance Says Citizen Recordings Likely Legal; Tries To Find Ways To Make Them Criminal Acts