by Mike Masnick
Tue, Apr 5th 2011 3:08pm
Looks like it may be time to update our patent thicket graphic. Another company that's not actually doing anything in the space is suing everyone who is. A company named H-W Technology apparently holds a patent (7,525,955) on an "Internet protocol (IP) phone with search and advertising capability" and has sued Apple, RIM, Google, Amazon, eBay, HTC, LG, Smasung, Microsoft, Nokia, Verizon and others for violating it. Because, you know, I'm sure no one possibly could have figured out how to put search and ads on a phone without this patent.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stanford Professor Insists Consumers Are Helped By Patent Trolls
- Patent Loving East Texas Judge Clips Wings Of Largest Patent Troll
- Malibu Media Copyright Troll Wakes The Beast In Trying To Push Verizon Around
- DailyDirt: Can't We Just Play Games For Fun?
- The Increasing Attacks On The Most Important Law On The Internet