by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 21st 2011 12:41pm
Mr. LemurBoy was the first of a whole bunch of you to send in this story of a woman who was trying to walk and text in the mall where she works... and paid so little attention to what was going on around her that she fell face first into a big fountain. As with all such things like that, it's difficult not to at least chuckle a bit when you see that kind of thing, and, indeed the mall security folks found it funny enough to put the clip online, where it went viral. And even though the woman was fine and even though it's impossible to identify her in the video, she's now come forward and is threatening to sue the security guards for both releasing the video and not coming to help her fast enough.
I can't see her having much success with any such lawsuit. She was the one who did the embarrassing thing, and it was done in public, where lots of people could have seen/filmed it. And it's not clear what legal statute she's relying on where security has a requirement to help her after her own mistake. But, even more amazing is that she complains about how embarrassed she was about the whole thing... but doesn't seem to realize that no one knew who she was before. By coming forward, she's now identified who she is so that people will know. Wouldn't that be even more embarrassing?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Canadian Police Use Cell Tower Dumps To Text 7,500 Possible Murder Witnesses
- Johnny Manziel's Lawyer Accidentally Texts The AP And Then Threatens To Sue Them If They Report On It
- UK Town Starts Texting Residents To Remind Them They're Obese
- The NYPD Sent Two Officers To The Kenyan Mall Shooting And Their Findings Are Directly Contradicted By The FBI's Report
- Texas Judge Forced To Resign After Being Caught Texting Instructions To Assistant DA During Trial