by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 4th 2010 6:47pm
So just a short while after so much attention was paid to the question of whether or not it's legal for mobile operators to block text messages that contain content they don't like, the answer is... that we have no legal answer. T-Mobile and EZ Texting have settled their lawsuit without any ruling on the overall issue. Still, this could be good, in that mobile operators must now be aware that even if they do want to block certain messages, they're likely to have to go to court to defend that decision.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Court Hands Loss To Doctor Who Sued Over Blog Posts Criticizing His Questionable Alzheimer's Treatments
- David Cameron & The Pig: Revenge Porn & The Right To Be Forgotten
- T-Mobile Customer Data Leaked By Experian... And Faulty Encryption Implementation
- The Increasing Attacks On The Most Important Law On The Internet
- T-Mobile CEO Vows To Hunt Down 'Thieves' And 'Clever Hackers' That 'Abuse' Company's Unlimited Data Plans