by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 13th 2010 1:06am
There's all sorts of interesting security research being done out there, but sometimes you just sort of shake your head. A new report has come out that folks with fancy new smartphones that have large touchscreens may face a threat because the smudges left on the screen could indicate passwords. It certainly makes for a good headline... but... seriously? Has this ever happened? Doubtful. How likely is it to happen? It seems exceptionally unlikely. I recognize the importance of exploring different potential security vulnerabilities, but this one seems a bit far-fetched.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Breaking Bad... Passwords
- Nintendo Finally To Dip Its Toe In The Smartphone/Tablet Gaming Market
- DailyDirt: Passwords? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Passwords
- Canadian Border Patrol Charge Traveler With 'Obstruction' For Refusing To Give Up His Phone Password
- State Attorney General Won't Fight Court's Block Of Law Curtailing Sex Offenders' First Amendment Rights