by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 13th 2010 1:06am
There's all sorts of interesting security research being done out there, but sometimes you just sort of shake your head. A new report has come out that folks with fancy new smartphones that have large touchscreens may face a threat because the smudges left on the screen could indicate passwords. It certainly makes for a good headline... but... seriously? Has this ever happened? Doubtful. How likely is it to happen? It seems exceptionally unlikely. I recognize the importance of exploring different potential security vulnerabilities, but this one seems a bit far-fetched.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Homeland Security Detains Stockton Mayor, Forces Him To Hand Over His Passwords
- GCHQ's Karma Police: Tracking And Profiling Every Web User, Every Website
- ISP Can't Figure Out How To Automate A Password Reset, But Is Happy To E-mail Your Password In Plain Text
- Chinese Smartphone Leader Xiaomi Adds Special New Feature In Order To Enter US Market -- A Patent Hoard
- DailyDirt: Passwords Suck, But What's Better?