by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 13th 2010 1:06am
There's all sorts of interesting security research being done out there, but sometimes you just sort of shake your head. A new report has come out that folks with fancy new smartphones that have large touchscreens may face a threat because the smudges left on the screen could indicate passwords. It certainly makes for a good headline... but... seriously? Has this ever happened? Doubtful. How likely is it to happen? It seems exceptionally unlikely. I recognize the importance of exploring different potential security vulnerabilities, but this one seems a bit far-fetched.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Third Circuit Appeals Court Says All Writs Orders Can Be Used To Compel Passwords For Decryption
- Just To Be Safe, We're Resetting All Techdirt Passwords In Response To Cloudbleed
- Coalition Slams DHS Plans To Demand Social Media Passwords
- The Fifth Amendment Vs. Indefinite Jailing: Court Still No Closer To Deciding On Compelled Decryption
- DHS Secretary Says Agency Is Planning On Demanding Foreigners' Social Media Account Passwords