by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 13th 2010 1:06am
There's all sorts of interesting security research being done out there, but sometimes you just sort of shake your head. A new report has come out that folks with fancy new smartphones that have large touchscreens may face a threat because the smudges left on the screen could indicate passwords. It certainly makes for a good headline... but... seriously? Has this ever happened? Doubtful. How likely is it to happen? It seems exceptionally unlikely. I recognize the importance of exploring different potential security vulnerabilities, but this one seems a bit far-fetched.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Every Website Needs To Re-register With The Copyright Office, Who Can't Build A Functioning System
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 92: Passwords Suck; What's Next?
- Another Bad EU Ruling: WiFi Providers Can Be Forced To Require Passwords If Copyright Holders Demand It
- UK Politician's Campaign Staff Tweets Out Picture Of Login And Password To Phones During Campaign Phone Jam
- Chinese State Patent Troll Absorbed By Smartphone Maker Xiaomi, Adding To Its Patent Hoard