by Mike Masnick
Fri, Aug 13th 2010 1:06am
There's all sorts of interesting security research being done out there, but sometimes you just sort of shake your head. A new report has come out that folks with fancy new smartphones that have large touchscreens may face a threat because the smudges left on the screen could indicate passwords. It certainly makes for a good headline... but... seriously? Has this ever happened? Doubtful. How likely is it to happen? It seems exceptionally unlikely. I recognize the importance of exploring different potential security vulnerabilities, but this one seems a bit far-fetched.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Government Argues That Indefinite Solitary Confinement Perfectly Acceptable Punishment For Failing To Decrypt Devices
- CNBC Asks Readers To Submit Their Password To Check Its Strength Into Exploitable Widget
- The FBI Claims Failure To Guess Password Will Make Data 'Permanently Inaccessible,' Which Isn't True
- Chinese Company Learns From The West: Builds Up Big Patent Portfolio, Uses It To Sue Apple In China
- Homeland Security Detains Stockton Mayor, Forces Him To Hand Over His Passwords