by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 17th 2012 10:55am
If all goes technologically to plan, then beneath this text, we'll be running our YouTube stream of my chat with Kal Raustiala and Chris Sprigman, authors of The Knockoff Economy. The chat will happen from about 11am to 11:30am PT via live streaming. If you're tuning in late, you can watch the full recording below. If you haven't yet read the book, you should -- but first you can check out excerpts on the importance of those who "tweak" the work of others, and on what the music industry can do, based on lessons from other industries or professions that don't have monopoly restrictions on competition.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- How Section 1201 Of The Copyright Statute Threatens Innovation
- German Court Says YouTube Isn't Liable For Infringement, But Wants A Notice-And-Staydown Process
- MLB Network DMCAs Video Of Bob Costas Torching MLB Pitcher, Which We'll Now Discuss At Length
- What's Behind The Attack On EU's Outdoor Photography? The Usual Copyright Maximalism And Anti-Americanism
- Help Copia Draft A Statement Of Innovation Principles