by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 17th 2012 10:55am
If all goes technologically to plan, then beneath this text, we'll be running our YouTube stream of my chat with Kal Raustiala and Chris Sprigman, authors of The Knockoff Economy. The chat will happen from about 11am to 11:30am PT via live streaming. If you're tuning in late, you can watch the full recording below. If you haven't yet read the book, you should -- but first you can check out excerpts on the importance of those who "tweak" the work of others, and on what the music industry can do, based on lessons from other industries or professions that don't have monopoly restrictions on competition.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Florida Governor Signs One Bill Protecting Free Speech... And Another That Undermines It
- Sony Uses Copyright To Force Verge To Takedown Its Copy Of Sony's Spotify Contract
- Godzilla Sues The Godzilla Of Copyright Trolls, Voltage Pictures, For Copyright Infringement
- Faith Healer Adam Miller Drops His Lawsuit (For Now) After Being Widely Mocked Online
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 25: EFF's Parker Higgins On Correcting Copyright Misconceptions