by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 17th 2012 10:55am
If all goes technologically to plan, then beneath this text, we'll be running our YouTube stream of my chat with Kal Raustiala and Chris Sprigman, authors of The Knockoff Economy. The chat will happen from about 11am to 11:30am PT via live streaming. If you're tuning in late, you can watch the full recording below. If you haven't yet read the book, you should -- but first you can check out excerpts on the importance of those who "tweak" the work of others, and on what the music industry can do, based on lessons from other industries or professions that don't have monopoly restrictions on competition.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 36: In Defense Of Copying
- If Google Shouldn't Apply EU's 'Right To Be Forgotten' Everywhere, Why Should It Apply US DMCA Takedowns Globally?
- Contrary To What You've Heard, TPP Will Undermine US Law -- Including Supreme Court Decisions
- Australian Librarians Start 'Cooking For Copyright' Campaign To Change Law For Unpublished Works
- MoMA Releases Data On 125,000 Art Works To The Public