by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 17th 2012 10:55am
If all goes technologically to plan, then beneath this text, we'll be running our YouTube stream of my chat with Kal Raustiala and Chris Sprigman, authors of The Knockoff Economy. The chat will happen from about 11am to 11:30am PT via live streaming. If you're tuning in late, you can watch the full recording below. If you haven't yet read the book, you should -- but first you can check out excerpts on the importance of those who "tweak" the work of others, and on what the music industry can do, based on lessons from other industries or professions that don't have monopoly restrictions on competition.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Court Tells Online Mapping Company It's Not Illegal For Google To Also Offer Online Maps
- Wikimedia Takes Down Diary Of Anne Frank, Uses It To Highlight Idiocy Of DMCA Rules, Copyright Terms
- Dish Agrees To Cripple Its Ad-Skipping DVR To Settle Fox Lawsuit
- Law Students Line Up Behind 'Baby Blue' -- Will Harvard Law Review Sue?
- Years Later, White House Sends Two Copyright Treaties To Senate For Ratification: One Good, One Bad