by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 17th 2012 10:55am
If all goes technologically to plan, then beneath this text, we'll be running our YouTube stream of my chat with Kal Raustiala and Chris Sprigman, authors of The Knockoff Economy. The chat will happen from about 11am to 11:30am PT via live streaming. If you're tuning in late, you can watch the full recording below. If you haven't yet read the book, you should -- but first you can check out excerpts on the importance of those who "tweak" the work of others, and on what the music industry can do, based on lessons from other industries or professions that don't have monopoly restrictions on competition.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Everything The Same Is Infringing: How Hugh Hefner Used Mario Bros. To Show YouTube's Copyright System Sucks
- How Record Labels Conspired To Kill Off Public Domain Beatles Music In Canada
- Movie Studio & Copyright Troll Claim 'Mere Possession' Of Popcorn Time Is Illegal And Could Result In A Year In Jail
- Facebook Announces Its ContentID Attempt... Using Audible Magic
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 40: Is Silicon Valley Only Building Tech For The Rich?