by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 17th 2012 10:55am
If all goes technologically to plan, then beneath this text, we'll be running our YouTube stream of my chat with Kal Raustiala and Chris Sprigman, authors of The Knockoff Economy. The chat will happen from about 11am to 11:30am PT via live streaming. If you're tuning in late, you can watch the full recording below. If you haven't yet read the book, you should -- but first you can check out excerpts on the importance of those who "tweak" the work of others, and on what the music industry can do, based on lessons from other industries or professions that don't have monopoly restrictions on competition.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Two Judges Punch Holes In Copyright Trolls' Claims That An IP Address Is The Same Thing As A Person
- This Song Belongs To You And Me: Lawsuit Filed To Declare Woodie Guthrie's Classic In The Public Domain
- Another Dumb Idea Out Of The EU: Giving Robots & Computers Copyright
- As Austin Struggles To Understand Life Without Uber & Lyft, DUI Arrests On The Rise
- Judge Calls Out Malibu Media For Its Attempt To Cut And Run When Faced With Challenge To Its Infringement Claims