by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 17th 2012 10:55am
If all goes technologically to plan, then beneath this text, we'll be running our YouTube stream of my chat with Kal Raustiala and Chris Sprigman, authors of The Knockoff Economy. The chat will happen from about 11am to 11:30am PT via live streaming. If you're tuning in late, you can watch the full recording below. If you haven't yet read the book, you should -- but first you can check out excerpts on the importance of those who "tweak" the work of others, and on what the music industry can do, based on lessons from other industries or professions that don't have monopoly restrictions on competition.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Free Open Shared: A Conversation With Me About Copyright At Wikimedia
- Shameful: Perfectly Reasonable Academic Book On Gene Kelly Killed By Bogus Copyright Claims
- Shake Up At The Copyright Office A Possible Preview To Fight Over Copyright Reform
- China's Manufacturers Now Producing Copies Before Original Products Are Even Launched
- Skittles Photographer Actually Sues Trump Campaign Over Infringement