by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 23rd 2012 12:44pm
As the two major party Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates begin the fall election season by doing various bus tours around the country, there's one other effort that's going to be on the campaign trail as well: the open internet. Reddit and Breadpig founder Alexis Ohanian has announced the Open Internet 2012 bus tour, hitting various towns and cities across the country, highlighting the value and importance of the open internet. As we've noted in the past, the importance of openness often falls by the wayside, since "openness" doesn't have its own lobbyists. But that can change. Reddit is helping to pay for gas, but Ohanian has also launched a crowdfunding effort on IndieGoGo to help out as well. Check it out, and in 2012, make sure to vote "Open Internet!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- AT&T Just Showed Us What The Death Of Net Neutrality Is Going To Look Like
- Yes, There's Lots Of Fake News On Facebook, But Is It Really Changing Anyone's Mind?
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 99: Debating The Facebook Filter Bubble, With Mathew Ingram
- If You're Blaming Facebook For The Election Results, You're An Idiot
- FBI Opens Internal Investigation Into One Of Its Own Twitter Accounts Because Good Lord This Year Is So Stupid