by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 23rd 2012 12:44pm
As the two major party Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates begin the fall election season by doing various bus tours around the country, there's one other effort that's going to be on the campaign trail as well: the open internet. Reddit and Breadpig founder Alexis Ohanian has announced the Open Internet 2012 bus tour, hitting various towns and cities across the country, highlighting the value and importance of the open internet. As we've noted in the past, the importance of openness often falls by the wayside, since "openness" doesn't have its own lobbyists. But that can change. Reddit is helping to pay for gas, but Ohanian has also launched a crowdfunding effort on IndieGoGo to help out as well. Check it out, and in 2012, make sure to vote "Open Internet!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Your Tax Dollars At Work: 1,000-Page Funding Bill Dropped On Senate Floor One Hour Before Vote
- Charter Hires Leading Net Neutrality Advocate To Write Its Net Neutrality Commitments, Promises To Go Further Than FCC Rules
- Appeals Court Rejects ISP Stay Of Neutrality Rules, Which Officially Go Live Tomorrow
- House Tries To Use Appropriations Bill To Kill Neutrality Rules, Strip FCC Authority And Funding
- Secretary Of State: We Must Have A Secure Internet; Homeland Security Secretary: A Secure Internet Makes Us All Less Safe