by Mike Masnick
Thu, Aug 23rd 2012 12:44pm
As the two major party Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates begin the fall election season by doing various bus tours around the country, there's one other effort that's going to be on the campaign trail as well: the open internet. Reddit and Breadpig founder Alexis Ohanian has announced the Open Internet 2012 bus tour, hitting various towns and cities across the country, highlighting the value and importance of the open internet. As we've noted in the past, the importance of openness often falls by the wayside, since "openness" doesn't have its own lobbyists. But that can change. Reddit is helping to pay for gas, but Ohanian has also launched a crowdfunding effort on IndieGoGo to help out as well. Check it out, and in 2012, make sure to vote "Open Internet!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Netflix May Not Be Worried About The Looming Death Of Net Neutrality, But Startups Should Be God-Damned Terrified
- Dear Lawmakers: Five Years Ago The Internet Rose Up In Protest & We're Still Watching
- Donald Trump Demonstrating How Much Of Our Political System Is Based On Tradition & Custom, Not Rules
- Sarah Palin Now Thinks Julian Assange Is A Really Nifty Guy
- Ridiculous Congressional Proposal Would Fine Reps Who Live Stream From The Floor