by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 8th 2010 8:50pm
While there's been some talk that students aren't as interested in computer science these days -- and that getting a job with a CS degree is getting increasingly difficult -- CIO magazine seems to be reporting exactly the opposite. More and more students are getting CS degrees, and one of the reasons is that it's one degree that's still in high demand from employers. The article looks at a variety of CS programs and finds strong demand from both students and recruiters, when it comes to CS degrees -- and that there appear to be lots of jobs available -- despite the doom and gloom of folks who claim that computer science and IT jobs are disappearing.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Indian Court Says 'Copyright Is Not An Inevitable, Divine, Or Natural Right' And Photocopying Textbooks Is Fair Use
- Business Promoting Children Reading Sues Schools Over Trademarks For Encouraging Reading
- Appeals Court Tells Government It Must Extend Educational Institution FOIA Fee Price Break To Students
- Daily Deal: The Complete Computer Science Bundle
- DailyDirt: Cheering For Mathletes