by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 31st 2009 2:49pm
Ah data centers. They may seem like a rather boring concept, but Data Center Knowledge recently put together a rather long list of some of the coolest data center video tours including Google's infamous data center:
As well as a "James Bond" data center buried 100 feet beneath Stockholm in a former military bunker, with backup power from submarine engines and which has waterfalls and a glass-enclosed conference room that appears to "float" above the colo floor.
I have to admit, suddenly data centers seem a lot cooler. Anyway, those are just the top two. The Data Center Knowledge link has a bunch more.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Yahoo Says It Will Encrypt All Data Center Data Transfers Now Too
- NSA Breaks Into Yahoo And Google's Data Centers Without Their Knowledge
- Webinar On Data Center Productivity For ITInnovation.com
- If Data Centers Are Understaffed, What Does That Mean For Security?
- A Look At The Data Center That Crunched Avatar