by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 12th 2012 1:33pm
If you haven't heard, comedian Mike Birbiglia and This American Life's Ira Glass made a movie, called Sleepwalk With Me, based on Birbiglia's act/one man show/book (all of which are hilarious). They did it as a small indie production and have been going crazy coming up with cool ways to connect with fans and get them to support the movie -- such as by doing a ridiculous number of live Q&As, creating cool videos, having a "war" with Joss Whedon, and much much more. Their latest move is particularly cool. The video has now come up on various Video On Demand (VOD) platforms, and they've been encouraging people to hold viewing parties at home tonight... and to make it more fun, they're going to try to Skype or Google Chat into as many of them as possible:
I'm curious as to just how many they'll be able to do -- and how long they'll talk to anyone (and how well they'll go), but I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Either way, it's yet another cool way of connecting with fans and giving them a reason to buy (CwF+RtB) that's been enabled by the digital age.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- A Music Streaming Service That Builds In CwF+RtB? Built By Trent Reznor And Ian Rogers? Sign Me Up
- Kink.com Owner Inoculating Against Piracy By Selling The Scarce
- Can You Take Fact Checking Too Far?
- Next Time Someone Suggests Piracy Will Kill Music, Remind Them That Music Survived The Last Ice Age
- Announcing The New Techdirt Insider Shop