by Mike Masnick
Tue, Nov 22nd 2011 3:01pm
Over at our Step2 discussion site, musician Drew Stephenson shares the story of how he's about to start experimenting with a "pay what you want" model for his music. Through a series of events, he has a professionally produced album, where he owns all the rights (the label he was with shut down and let him do what he wants with the music). However, he's asking for some ideas/suggestions on things to do as he kicks off this experiment. Head on over and share your thoughts.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ford Pretends To Open Up Its Patents Like Tesla, But Doesn't; Media Falls For It
- No, RIAA, It's Not The End Of The World For Musicians
- Pink Floyd's Roger Waters Declares Silicon Valley A 'Gallery Of Rogues And Thieves'
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 22: Are Smaller Online Media Players Doomed In The Age Of Buzzfeed?
- Another Newspaper Paywall Bites The Dust