by Mike Masnick
Tue, Nov 22nd 2011 3:01pm
Over at our Step2 discussion site, musician Drew Stephenson shares the story of how he's about to start experimenting with a "pay what you want" model for his music. Through a series of events, he has a professionally produced album, where he owns all the rights (the label he was with shut down and let him do what he wants with the music). However, he's asking for some ideas/suggestions on things to do as he kicks off this experiment. Head on over and share your thoughts.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Nintendo Cracking Down On Pokemon Go 'Pirates' Despite The Game Being Free
- Newspaper Association Thinks FTC Should Force Readers To Be Subject To Godawful Ads And Invasive Trackers
- Techdirt Reading List: Free Books From Verso (Mostly)
- Cops Getting Free License Plate Readers In Exchange For 25% Of The 'Take' And All The Driver Data Vigilant Can Slurp
- No, The Internet Hasn't Destroyed Quality Music Either