by Mike Masnick
Tue, Nov 22nd 2011 3:01pm
Over at our Step2 discussion site, musician Drew Stephenson shares the story of how he's about to start experimenting with a "pay what you want" model for his music. Through a series of events, he has a professionally produced album, where he owns all the rights (the label he was with shut down and let him do what he wants with the music). However, he's asking for some ideas/suggestions on things to do as he kicks off this experiment. Head on over and share your thoughts.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Reading List: Free Books From Verso (Mostly)
- Cops Getting Free License Plate Readers In Exchange For 25% Of The 'Take' And All The Driver Data Vigilant Can Slurp
- No, The Internet Hasn't Destroyed Quality Music Either
- David Bowie Wasn't Just An Incredible Music Visionary, But An Internet & Business Model Visionary Too
- Video Game Industry Embraces Internet And New Business Models: Others Should Pay Attention