by Mike Masnick
Tue, Nov 22nd 2011 3:01pm
Over at our Step2 discussion site, musician Drew Stephenson shares the story of how he's about to start experimenting with a "pay what you want" model for his music. Through a series of events, he has a professionally produced album, where he owns all the rights (the label he was with shut down and let him do what he wants with the music). However, he's asking for some ideas/suggestions on things to do as he kicks off this experiment. Head on over and share your thoughts.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 35: Kevin Smith On How To Be Yourself And Make A Living
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 33: Reddit And The Challenges Of Building A Business Out Of A Community
- Top RIAA Exec: There's No More Music In Africa And The Middle East Because They Need Stronger Copyright
- South Park's Matt Stone To Silicon Valley: Screw You Guys, I'm Going Hulu
- Kickstarter Still Setting Records Despite Everyone Wanting Everything For Free