by Mike Masnick
Thu, Oct 20th 2011 10:24pm
Earlier this year, we noted that the Future of Music Coalition was putting together a fascinating project to try to catalog all the different ways that artists are really making money today and to dig into the details of what that means for artists. It's a wonderful project and I'm excited to see the results. The project is almost over and I wanted to do a quick post making sure that any musicians (US-only, I'm afraid) don't miss out on their chance to take part. The FMC folks have put up a post over at Step2 explaining the details (and, yes, FMC is a sponsor of Step2) if you want to understand what this is all about. Or you can just go straight to the survey. Just do it before October 28th.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Verizon Insists Higher Phone Upgrades Are Being Used To Enhance The Network Instead Of Make Up Revenue Decline
- Data-Driven Policing Still Problematic; Now Being Used By Government Agencies For Revenue Generation
- Once Again, Piracy Is Destroying The Movie Industry... To Ever More Records At The Box Office
- BMI Records Record Revenue... While Whining To DOJ That It Can't Function Under Antitrust Agreement
- No, RIAA, It's Not The End Of The World For Musicians