Earlier this year, we noted that the Future of Music Coalition was putting together a fascinating project to try to catalog all the different ways that artists are really making money today and to dig into the details of what that means for artists. It's a wonderful project and I'm excited to see the results. The project is almost over and I wanted to do a quick post making sure that any musicians (US-only, I'm afraid) don't miss out on their chance to take part. The FMC folks have put up a post over at Step2 explaining the details (and, yes, FMC is a sponsor of Step2) if you want to understand what this is all about. Or you can just go straight to the survey. Just do it before October 28th.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- No, RIAA, It's Not The End Of The World For Musicians
- Yes, Major Record Labels Are Keeping Nearly All The Money They Get From Spotify, Rather Than Giving It To Artists
- Chicago School Zone Speed Cams Tag Drivers Even In The Summer, Because Chicago
- Pro Music Artists/Reps Force Shutdown Of Awesome Fan-Music Contest For Video Game
- RIAA Claims That It Is 'Standing Up For' Older Musicians That It Actually Left To Rot