by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 11th 2011 10:05pm
Occasional Techdirt poster, filmmaker, comic artist and copyright critic Nina Paley recently put up her first Kickstarter campaign, seeking to raise $3,000 to produce a large print run of some "minibooks" of her series of comics about "Intellectual Pooperty." The idea is to put together these small books that can also be carried around and passed around. At $3,000, she could do a large enough print run to keep the prices down (print-on-demand is much more expensive). It took all of two days to reach $3,000 and the number keeps going up (full disclaimer: I kicked in $25 in order to get five of these books, so I can hand them out to folks when necessary). If you're unfamiliar with her work (and you shouldn't be if you read this site), here's a sampling of strips that we had posted last year:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Reddit, Mozilla, Others Urge FCC To Formally Investigate Broadband Usage Caps And Zero Rating
- Awesome Stuff: Around The House
- DailyDirt: Jellyfish As Pets?
- Advice To Immediately Trademark Kickstarter Projects Rests On Crowdfunding Not Being Commerce
- DailyDirt: Another Golden Era Of Spaceflight Ahead..?