from the urls-we-dig-up dept
Water is abundant in most places, and it's generally free -- except for folks who only drink bottled water. So people tend to take water for granted, but there are plenty of reasons to conserve water. Here are just a few reminders.
- About 60% of people (surveyed by the WateReuse Research Foundation) don't want to drink water that has ever had direct contact with sewage. The other 40% are wastewater engineers. [url]
- Manufacturing plants are apparently releasing lots of pharmaceuticals into wastewater streams. And wastewater processing facilities aren't catching the drugs before releasing them into rivers... [url]
- Oklahoma is responding to its ongoing drought after seeing more than its fair share of triple digit temperatures. Unfortunately, some predictions say this "exceptional drought" could last a bit longer, maybe until autumn. [url]
- To discover more related links on stuff we eat or drink, check out what's brewing on StumbleUpon. [url]