There are vast amounts of stuff that no one knows anything about. Everything in the universe that we can see -- that reflects light or glows on it own because it's hot -- only amounts to about 5% of the known mass of the universe. So... what's going on with the other 95% of "stuff" that's out there? Maybe there are exotic particles we haven't discovered yet that are everywhere, but we just don't know it. Physicists call this stuff "dark matter" and "dark energy" -- and there could be a whole "dark sector" of dark matter doing things that we just can't see. But we're getting some hints for some of the stuff we can't see by observing and measuring the outcomes of rare astronomical events -- and by creating simulations of what possible undiscovered particles might do to the formation of galaxies and other distant space objects. Here are just a few projects that might explain how the universe works someday.
After you've finished checking out those links, take a look at our Daily Deals
for cool gadgets and other awesome stuff.