Deals

by Daily Deal

Filed Under:
daily deal

Daily Deal: CompTIA IT Certification Bundle

from the good-deals-on-cool-stuff dept

Give your IT skills a boost and grab the CompTIA IT Certification Bundle for 95% off in the Techdirt Deals store. The four courses include instructions on how to install & configure hardware, how to set up network connectivity and email for Android and iOS, and how to master security, safety and environmental issues. Once you've completed the courses, you'll be ready to take the CompTIA A+ certification exam and be well on your way to becoming an IT expert.

Note: The Techdirt Deals Store is powered and curated by StackCommerce. A portion of all sales from Techdirt Deals helps support Techdirt. The products featured do not reflect endorsements by our editorial team.

Reader Comments

View by: Time | Thread

• identicon
    teka, 17 Aug 2015 @ 2:21pm

Once again we have a non-tangible product supposedly marked down from an incredibly high price. This ephemeral creation evaporates in a year and comes packaged with a host of provisions though not with an actual exam, making the "certification bundle" more of a "study guide"

Speaking just for myself, it would be great to see sales built around things that the techdirt staff actually curated or endorsed in some way. Maybe you would not be able to offer as many or promote such staggering discounts but it would instill some faith.

reply to this | link to this | view in chronology ]

• icon
      Will Sizemore (profile), 17 Aug 2015 @ 2:58pm

While I do think that the marked up price is high, I will say that my company paid $4400 for my Network+ and Security+ training classes - with certification exams.

$49 is an awesome deal, provided these are at least as useful as the Labsim items from Testout.com - weighing in at about $120 a piece. Labsim Security+ was good. Network+ was AWESOME.

Labsim's Microsoft 70-680 course is pretty good, though I haven't taken the exam yet. I did pass my CompTIA exams the first time.

reply to this | link to this | view in chronology ]

• identicon
        Anonymous Coward, 17 Aug 2015 @ 6:05pm

-- I did pass my CompTIA exams the first time.

Do you think the course helped you pass it or was being a previously competent technically inclined person more important to your success?

I've seen tons of people who could pass a certification exam but could not apply that knowledge even if their life depended on it.

reply to this | link to this | view in chronology ]

• identicon
    Anonymous Coward, 17 Aug 2015 @ 2:40pm

Certification not included. Certification provided by a separate organization at a charge.

reply to this | link to this | view in chronology ]

• identicon
    Anonymous Coward, 17 Aug 2015 @ 6:46pm

It is not a Certification Bundle. It is a "STUDY BUNDLE". The title is misleading. You can to pay for the vouchers to take the tests separately. Now if you can offer the vouchers at this price I would buy a few of them. I need my network+ and security+

reply to this | link to this | view in chronology ]

• identicon
    Anonymous Coward, 18 Aug 2015 @ 12:25am

Stop adding the word bundle to everything.

Its shitty marketing and I'm sick of it. Curse the Humble guys for being successful

reply to this | link to this | view in chronology ]

• identicon
    Me, 18 Aug 2015 @ 5:22am

Waste of time. If you want a paper certificate then fill your boots but I have seen people hired on paper and sacked within 3 months.

Buy this at your peril