by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 24th 2014 9:50am
If you haven't yet, you should watch this 25-second clip of MSNBC "reporter" Andrea Mitchell cutting off Congresswoman Jane Harman just as she was explaining why the government needs to end the Section 215 bulk phone records collection program that spies on all Americans... in order to rush to cover the "breaking news" of Justin Bieber's court appearance live.
Yes, apparently, making sure they cover Bieber's bond hearing live is more important than discussing the US government surveilling every American illegally. Of course, an argument can be made that this is what the American public wants, though that's partly because the cable news programs have learned since the OJ era that nothing gets viewers like covering a high profile court case to an extreme level.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Thank Snowden, As NSA Estimates He Singlehandedly Sped Up Encryption Adoption By 7 Years
- House Reps To James Clapper: No, Really, Stop Ignoring The Question And Tell Us How Many Americans Are Spied On By NSA
- Expanding Unconstitutional Backdoor Searches Of Surveillance Data Is Easy: Just Change What Words Mean
- Public Knowledge: Comcast's Usage Cap Shenanigans Violate Neutrality, NBC Merger Conditions
- NBC, Filthy Pirates, Sued Over Use Of Photographer's Work Without Permission