by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 24th 2014 9:50am
If you haven't yet, you should watch this 25-second clip of MSNBC "reporter" Andrea Mitchell cutting off Congresswoman Jane Harman just as she was explaining why the government needs to end the Section 215 bulk phone records collection program that spies on all Americans... in order to rush to cover the "breaking news" of Justin Bieber's court appearance live.
Yes, apparently, making sure they cover Bieber's bond hearing live is more important than discussing the US government surveilling every American illegally. Of course, an argument can be made that this is what the American public wants, though that's partly because the cable news programs have learned since the OJ era that nothing gets viewers like covering a high profile court case to an extreme level.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- It's Official: Sixteen Government Agencies Now Have Access To Unminimized Domestic NSA Collections
- Defense Department Oversight Finds More Evidence Of Retaliation Against Whistleblowers
- Washington Post Falsely Claims Russia Hacked Vermont Utility, Because OMG RUSSIANS!
- Comcast/NBC Tone Deafness, Not 'Millennials' To Blame For Olympics Ratings Drop
- Comcast/NBC Ignores Lessons From The Cord Cutting Age, Buries Olympics Under An Ocean Of Annoying Advertising