by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 17th 2013 1:14pm
For all the attention that Prenda has received this past year or so as being at the extreme crazy end of copyright trolling, many have argued that Malibu Media is just as bad, if not worse. While the porn company has hit some snags with its lawsuits, such as getting sanctioned for the infamous Exhibit C, which was an incredibly sleazy attempt to intimidate people into paying up, the company appears to have shook off that loss and just continued suing as many people as possible. Dave Maass is pointing out that in just 2013, the company has filed more than 1,100 lawsuits. Think about that. We're talking about around 3 lawsuits per day by this one company. If you ever needed proof that the company is focused on using abuse of our judicial system as a key piece of its business model, that seems like fairly compelling evidence.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Man Who Used Facebook Live To Stream Birth Of Child Loses Bid To Sue All The News For Copyright Infringement
- Dangerous: Judge Says It Was 'Objectively Unreasonable' For Cox To Claim DMCA Safe Harbors
- Apple Wants To Stop You Fixing Your iPhone And iPad: Source Says It Will Testify Against 'Right To Repair' Legislation
- Malibu Media Sues Its Former Lawyer Over Missing Funds, Breach Of Bar Rules
- Two Judges Punch Holes In Copyright Trolls' Claims That An IP Address Is The Same Thing As A Person