by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 17th 2013 1:14pm
For all the attention that Prenda has received this past year or so as being at the extreme crazy end of copyright trolling, many have argued that Malibu Media is just as bad, if not worse. While the porn company has hit some snags with its lawsuits, such as getting sanctioned for the infamous Exhibit C, which was an incredibly sleazy attempt to intimidate people into paying up, the company appears to have shook off that loss and just continued suing as many people as possible. Dave Maass is pointing out that in just 2013, the company has filed more than 1,100 lawsuits. Think about that. We're talking about around 3 lawsuits per day by this one company. If you ever needed proof that the company is focused on using abuse of our judicial system as a key piece of its business model, that seems like fairly compelling evidence.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- David Bowie's Legacy On Copyright And The Future Of Music
- It's 2016 And The EU Is Just Now Getting Ready To Decide If Hyperlinking Is Legal
- NBC, Filthy Pirates, Sued Over Use Of Photographer's Work Without Permission
- Copyright Troll Malibu Media's 'Expert' Witness Appears To Be Totally And Completely Clueless
- Malibu Media Copyright Troll Wakes The Beast In Trying To Push Verizon Around