by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 17th 2013 1:14pm
For all the attention that Prenda has received this past year or so as being at the extreme crazy end of copyright trolling, many have argued that Malibu Media is just as bad, if not worse. While the porn company has hit some snags with its lawsuits, such as getting sanctioned for the infamous Exhibit C, which was an incredibly sleazy attempt to intimidate people into paying up, the company appears to have shook off that loss and just continued suing as many people as possible. Dave Maass is pointing out that in just 2013, the company has filed more than 1,100 lawsuits. Think about that. We're talking about around 3 lawsuits per day by this one company. If you ever needed proof that the company is focused on using abuse of our judicial system as a key piece of its business model, that seems like fairly compelling evidence.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ohio Judge Fed Up With Malibu Media: Appears To Give Copyright Troll One Last Chance
- Richard Prince Continues To Push The Boundaries Of Copyright Law In Selling Other People's Instagram Selfies
- Obama Administration Files Totally Clueless Argument Concerning Software Copyrights In Supreme Court Case
- Massive Copyright Troll Malibu Media/xArt Defies Court Order To Publicly Name Defendant
- When Sued By A Copyright Troll, Using The 'Blame The Torrent Site And Also I Don't Speak English' Defense Is Really Dumb