by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 29th 2013 4:13pm
Back in August, it was revealed that the NSA was tapping UN communications. As we noted, this was hardly a surprise -- in fact, it seems to fit within the NSA's general job. However, it was definitely another embarrassment in a long list of them. The latest news is that President Obama has supposedly told the NSA to cut back a bit on spying on the UN, which almost certainly means "please don't get caught again, you idiots." I classify this one in the same category as the US signing a "no spying on each other" agreement. A completely meaningless gesture that will be ignored by pretty much everyone, serving only to be used as a "leak" to the press.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- House Refuses To Consider USA Freedom Amendment Stopping NSA's Backdoor Searches... Even As Everyone Supports It
- New Version Of USA Freedom Surveillance Reform Bill To Hit The House This Week
- NSA's Stellar Wind Program Was Almost Completely Useless, Hidden From FISA Court By NSA And FBI
- President Obama Demands Critics Tell Him What's Wrong With TPP; Of Course We Can't Do That Because He Won't Show Us The Agreement
- Jeb Bush Compliments Obama For Continuing And Expanding His Brother's War On Terror