by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 29th 2013 4:13pm
Back in August, it was revealed that the NSA was tapping UN communications. As we noted, this was hardly a surprise -- in fact, it seems to fit within the NSA's general job. However, it was definitely another embarrassment in a long list of them. The latest news is that President Obama has supposedly told the NSA to cut back a bit on spying on the UN, which almost certainly means "please don't get caught again, you idiots." I classify this one in the same category as the US signing a "no spying on each other" agreement. A completely meaningless gesture that will be ignored by pretty much everyone, serving only to be used as a "leak" to the press.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The NSA's Bulk Collection Of Phone Records Ended Saturday. Long Live The Bulk Collection Of Phone Records!
- Judge Kavanaugh, Dragnet Fan From Way Back, Shoots Down Section 215 Rehearing With Extraneous Surveillance Boosterism
- Documents: The Domestic Email Collection Program The NSA 'Killed' In 2011 Was Actually Just Offshored
- What's The Evidence Mass Surveillance Works? Not Much
- Senator Cotton Introduces Bill To Extend Unconstitutional NSA Surveillance