by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 29th 2013 4:13pm
Back in August, it was revealed that the NSA was tapping UN communications. As we noted, this was hardly a surprise -- in fact, it seems to fit within the NSA's general job. However, it was definitely another embarrassment in a long list of them. The latest news is that President Obama has supposedly told the NSA to cut back a bit on spying on the UN, which almost certainly means "please don't get caught again, you idiots." I classify this one in the same category as the US signing a "no spying on each other" agreement. A completely meaningless gesture that will be ignored by pretty much everyone, serving only to be used as a "leak" to the press.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA Leaked More Hacking Tools, Leading To Calls To Fire Its Director... Who Ran To Trump For Support
- Trump's Picks For AG & CIA Happy To Undermine Civil Liberties, Increase Surveillance
- Stopping Turnkey Tyranny: What The Obama Administration Can Do About The NSA On The Way Out
- Long Time Mass Surveillance Defenders Freak Out Now That Trump Will Have Control
- It's Too Late For President Obama To 'Dismantle' The NSA's Mass Surveillance