by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 29th 2013 4:13pm
Back in August, it was revealed that the NSA was tapping UN communications. As we noted, this was hardly a surprise -- in fact, it seems to fit within the NSA's general job. However, it was definitely another embarrassment in a long list of them. The latest news is that President Obama has supposedly told the NSA to cut back a bit on spying on the UN, which almost certainly means "please don't get caught again, you idiots." I classify this one in the same category as the US signing a "no spying on each other" agreement. A completely meaningless gesture that will be ignored by pretty much everyone, serving only to be used as a "leak" to the press.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Report: FBI's PATRIOT Act Snooping Goes Beyond Business Records, Subject To Few Restrictions
- New Leak Shows NSA's Plans To Hijack App Store Traffic To Implant Malware And Spyware
- Chris Christie: Your NSA Fears Are Bullshit And Civil Liberties Advocates Are Extremists
- President Obama Rolls Back Some Police Militarization... Police Flip Out
- Tired Of Losing Legal Challenges To Its Surveillance, UK Government Secretly Changes Law So It Can Win