by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 11th 2013 8:04pm
While the "big" Prenda appeal is in the central district of California, back in May, we noted that a ruling in the northern district had also said Prenda needed to pay legal fees to Nick Ranallo, in the amount of $9,425. Paul Duffy quickly appealed, but never paid the $455 fee for an appeal. He was warned a few weeks back that he needed to pay up, and still didn't, so the court has now dumped the appeal and locked in the $9,425 fee that Prenda is required to pay. Of course, if they're not even going to pay the $455 for the appeal, I'd imagine that it's going to be nearly impossible to get the $9,425. As we already know, Duffy has claimed that Prenda is winding down its operations... even as a nearly identical operation, with the same basic participants, but called the Anti-Piracy Law Group, sprung up in its place. How long until someone connects those two, and says that the attorneys fees owed can come from the latter as well?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Team Prenda Loses Big Again: Told To Pay Over $650k For Bogus Defamation Lawsuit
- Comcast Sued For Misleading Fees It Claims Are Just Its Way Of Being 'Transparent'
- Prenda's Paul Hansmeier Loses His Law License; Won't Be Filing Bogus ADA Lawsuits For Now
- Washington Post Charges An 'Activation' Fee To Let You Pay Them To Get Around Their Paywall
- Team Prenda Done Fighting Judge Otis Wright