by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jun 20th 2013 4:16am
Some Bradley Manning supporters have put together a very compelling campaign, called I Am Bradley Manning, asking the government to drop the "aiding the enemy" charge against Bradley Manning and noting the chilling effects it has on whistleblowers. The key part of the campaign is a five minute video of various well-known people talking about Bradley Manning and asking what would you do if you were in his shoes, and saw that your government was lying to the public, and doing things that you believed went against the very values and principles you were supposed to be fighting for.
The video includes commentary from a variety of different people, including Pentagon Papers leaker Daniel Ellsberg, reporter Matt Taibbi, actors Russell Brand, Wallace Shawn, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard and many more, musicians Roger Waters, Tom Morello, Moby and many more. For whatever reason -- even with all of the new attention paid to leaking due to Ed Snowden, the travesty that is the Bradley Manning trial still just isn't getting that much attention. One hopes that a bit more mainstream interest might change that. It really is an important question: if you were in Bradley Manning's shoes, what would you do?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA Emails Provide Little Insight Into Snowden's Pre-Leak Concerns, But Speak Volumes About Agency's Internal Controls
- If, As Eric Holder Now Admits, Snowden Did 'A Public Service,' Why Does He Still Want Him In Jail?
- Another Whistleblower -- One Who Tried To Protect Other Whistleblowers -- Says The 'Official Channels' Are Worthless
- 'The Revolution Will Be Digitized': Panama Papers Leaker Speaks Out
- David Patraeus, Who Leaked Classified Info To His Mistress, Says Snowden Should Be Prosecuted