by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jun 11th 2013 3:54am
With all the attention on NSA surveillance, the Bradley Manning trial has faded a bit into the background (and it already wasn't getting nearly the coverage it deserved). And yet, this should be a reminder of why sites like Wikileaks are so important. The big revelations over the past week on NSA surveillance both came from internal leaks. And, given the Obama administration's laser-like focus on punishing anyone who leaks anything marginally embarrassing, it's not difficult to see just how hard the administration is likely to come down on whistleblower Ed Snowden for leaking this information. And yet, this information is important for the world -- and especially Americans -- to understand how the government appears to be twisting the law over and over again to expand their ability to spy on everyone.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Theranos's Insane Campaign To Punish Whistleblower, Who Happened To Be Famous Boardmember's Grandson
- NSA Leaked More Hacking Tools, Leading To Calls To Fire Its Director... Who Ran To Trump For Support
- Trump's Picks For AG & CIA Happy To Undermine Civil Liberties, Increase Surveillance
- Stopping Turnkey Tyranny: What The Obama Administration Can Do About The NSA On The Way Out
- Long Time Mass Surveillance Defenders Freak Out Now That Trump Will Have Control