by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 24th 2013 1:45pm
It looks like the bill for Prenda Law is going up. Yet another court has now awarded attorneys' fees, telling "AF Holdings" (one of Prenda's shell companies) to pay $9,425. Of course, since Prenda still tries to deny that it controls AF Holdings, I'm sure they'll try to avoid paying up. It would be extra amusing if they suggested Alan Cooper should pay up, since that's the name that was signed on various AF Holdings' filings, but which many people believe was really signed by John Steele. Of course, since that whole "faking the name" thing flopped, it's now been Mark Lutz -- former paralegal/lackey of John Steele -- who has been "named" as the boss of AF Holdings. So, it sounds like Lutz should pay this one... Now the question is how long does it take Lutz to realize that Steele, Hansmeier and Duffy will probably leave him hanging out to dry as well?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Prenda Lawyer's ADA Shakedown Efforts Running Into Resistance From Public, Judges
- Team Prenda Has A Very Bad Day In Court... And You Can Watch It All
- Court Dismisses Prenda's Ridiculous Defamation Lawsuit Against Internet Critics & Guy Whose Signature It Forged
- Former Prenda Lawyer Hit With A $50,000 Counterclaim In ADA Shakedown Lawsuit
- John Steele Looking To Join Former Prenda Lawyer Paul Hansmeier In ADA Lawsuit Shakedown Business