by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 4th 2013 8:06pm
As we wait patiently for the Supreme Court to decide the Kirtsaeng case, concerning whether or not you can resell goods that were made outside the US but that can be covered by copyright inside the US, the folks at Demand Progress have put together a nice two and a half minute video highlighting the possible consequences of a ruling that goes against first sale rights and limits your ability to freely sell items you legally purchased. While it may seem premature to be discussing this before the eventual ruling, having more people understand why this is a vitally important issue is helpful, so that we can either push for legislation to fix a bad ruling, or (hopefully) resist a push in the other direction by companies seeking to stomp out first sale rights.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Pokemon Wants To Totally Bankrupt One Of Its Biggest Fans, Thanks To Copyright
- Malibu Media Copyright Troll Wakes The Beast In Trying To Push Verizon Around
- Argentina Plans To Increase Copyright In Photos From 20 Years To Life Plus 70 Years, Devastating Wikipedia
- Jim Jefferies 'Official' Clip Of His 'Gun Control' Routine Taken Down Thanks To Copyright
- John Oliver Would Like You To Replace Your Bogus Facebook Copyright Privacy Statement With His Own