by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 20th 2012 3:25am
Some fantastic news from EFFland, where Mark Cuban and Markus 'Notch' Persson have agreed to give EFF $250,000 each in order to fund its latest efforts to stop bad patents. This includes naming EFF attorney Julie Samuels "The Mark Cuban Chair to Eliminate Stupid Patents." This is a job title that only a few people deserve and, knowing Julie, she's one of them. Over the years, EFF has done some really great work on patents, but they've often seemed like a backburner issue compared to other things -- so we're excited to see what comes next.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- How To Use ‘Intellectual Property’ Properly
- Patent Reform Bill A Good Step, But Still Falls Way Short Of Fixing A Broken System
- USTR Releases Its Annual Special 301 'Naughty' List Of Countries; EFF Responds With 'Special 404' List
- Why Does The US Patent Office Keep Approving Clearly Ridiculous Patents?
- Once Again, John Oliver Covers A Techdirt Topic: This Time, It's Patent Trolls