by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 20th 2012 3:25am
Some fantastic news from EFFland, where Mark Cuban and Markus 'Notch' Persson have agreed to give EFF $250,000 each in order to fund its latest efforts to stop bad patents. This includes naming EFF attorney Julie Samuels "The Mark Cuban Chair to Eliminate Stupid Patents." This is a job title that only a few people deserve and, knowing Julie, she's one of them. Over the years, EFF has done some really great work on patents, but they've often seemed like a backburner issue compared to other things -- so we're excited to see what comes next.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- If Open Sharing Of Data Is A Great Idea For Combatting A Dangerous Plant Disease, Why Not For All Human Diseases?
- Australian Gov't Commission Also Wants To Fix Patent Laws Down Under
- DailyDirt: Personal Mobility Devices
- Canadian Hospital Strikes Deal In Gene Patents Battle, But Leaves Patentability Question Unanswered
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Mega-Troll Intellectual Ventures Hits Florist With Do-It-On-A-Computer Scheduling Patent