by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 11th 2012 3:52pm
The latest research by law professor Colleen Chien is getting lots of much-needed press coverage, in that it reveals we've passed the tipping point with patent trolls, as more than half of all patent lawsuits were brought by trolls. In fact, her new report reveals that 61% of all patent lawsuits filed in the first 11 months of 2012... were from patent trolls. That's an astoundingly large number -- and one that is growing fast. The same report notes that just last year the number was 45% and five years ago it was just 23%. When does the government wake up and realize we have a serious problem on our hands?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- China Files A Million Patents In A Year, As Government Plans To Increase Patentability Of Software
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Movies From The Cloud
- Sony Wants To Patent A System For Scoring Journalists' 'Veracity'
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Changing The Channel
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 96: Death Knell For Software Patents