by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 11th 2012 3:52pm
The latest research by law professor Colleen Chien is getting lots of much-needed press coverage, in that it reveals we've passed the tipping point with patent trolls, as more than half of all patent lawsuits were brought by trolls. In fact, her new report reveals that 61% of all patent lawsuits filed in the first 11 months of 2012... were from patent trolls. That's an astoundingly large number -- and one that is growing fast. The same report notes that just last year the number was 45% and five years ago it was just 23%. When does the government wake up and realize we have a serious problem on our hands?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Little Tree Air Freshener Company Sues Non-Profit For Making Tree Shaped Ornaments
- Government Accountability Office Study Confirms: Patent Office Encouraged Examiners To Approve Crappy Patents
- Good To See: Blockstream Promises Not To Abuse Patents
- Stupid Patent of the Month: Solocron Education Trolls With Password Patent
- Just As We Warned: A Chinese Tech Giant Goes On The Patent Attack -- In East Texas