by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 12th 2012 12:42pm
Today at 1pm PT (4pm ET), we'll be doing a live streaming interview with Cole Stryker, the author of Hacking the Future: Privacy, Identity, and Anonymity on the Web. We've run a couple of excerpts from the book -- one about why anonymity matters, that many of you agreed with, and another about the dark web, which many of you did not agree with. Given that, it should be a fun discussion. If all goes according to plan (never a sure thing when you deal with technology), right around 1pm, we should have a video pop up beneath this text, so check back... If you happen to be reading this after, the full video will be immediately available for viewing.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- MPAA Front Group, Pretending To Represent Consumer Interests, Slams CloudFlare For Not Censoring The Internet
- Putin's Internet Trolls Mercilessly Smear Finnish Reporter Simply For Pointing Them Out
- Investigation Shows GCHQ Using US Companies, NSA To Route Around Domestic Surveillance Restrictions
- Top Internet Companies Agree To Vague Notice & Takedown Rules For 'Hate Speech' In The EU
- Anonymized Data Really Isn't Anonymous: Vehicle Data Can Easily Be Used To Identify You