by Mike Masnick
Tue, Oct 16th 2012 4:05pm
Just a quick reminder that tomorrow at 11am PT / 2pm ET, we'll be doing a live stream Google Hangout in which I talk to Kal Raustiala and Chris Sprigman, authors of The Knockoff Economy: How Imitation Sparks Innovation. It should run for about half an hour. If you haven't yet read the book, you should. Either way, we've run excerpts on the importance of those who "tweak" the work of others, and on what the music industry can do, based on lessons from other industries or professions that don't have monopoly restrictions on competition. I imagine that tomorrow will be a very interesting conversation all around. If you have specific questions, please feel free to submit them below, and we'll see what we can get to. Also, don't forget this month's book club book, Hacking the Future. We'll be running another excerpt next week...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Reading List: The Knockoff Economy: How Imitation Sparks Innovation
- Left Shark Bites Back: 3D Printer Sculptor Hires Lawyer To Respond To Katy Perry's Bogus Takedown
- Harvard Law Review Claims Copyright Over Legal Citations; Now Challenged By Public Domain Effort
- Live Video: Cory Doctorow Talking With Techdirt About Pirate Cinema, Copyright Law & More
- Next Techdirt Book Club Book: Cory Doctorow's Pirate Cinema