by Mike Masnick
Mon, Sep 10th 2012 8:05pm
Ross Pruden, who has written for Techdirt occasionally, is a filmmaker/storyteller who is experimenting with Kickstarter to fund a bunch of short stories for the public domain. For $10 he'll write a short story specifically for you. For just $1, you'll get sent an email with all of the stories before they're officially released. As he says, this is a pretty simple experiment that he's hoping to learn from. He's already reached his target goal, but if you'd like to help expand the public domain for just $10, why not check it out?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Company Sues Disney Over Its Use Of The Same Public Domain Book Title
- Our Unfortunate Annual Tradition: A Look At What Should Have Entered The Public Domain, But Didn't
- CBS Sues Public Domain For Existing
- Kickstarter-Funded Game Drops DRM-Free Version It Promised, Then Promises It Again After The Backlash
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 89: Inside A Really Good Kickstarter Campaign