by Mike Masnick
Wed, Aug 1st 2012 5:05am
It's pretty clear that when two big tech companies go into patent nuclear war, it's often just as much about egos as it is about anything legal. We've been covering the worldwide patent fight between Apple and Samsung for a while now, mostly siding with Samsung over Apple's silly claims which seem to demonstrate an unwillingness to actually compete against other viable products in the marketplace. But, Samsung is no stranger to petty actions either. According to reporter Ina Fried, from AllthingsD (who is apparently covering the latest round of the trial in San Francisco), on the first day, the sign outside the court just showed "Apple vs. Samsung", but Samsung objected, and so the sign has now been updated:
Yes, this is the kind of petty squabbling that comes out during patent fights.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Apple, Arbiters Of Art, Say Game About Surviving The Gaza Strip Isn't A Game, Even Though It Is
- India Moving Forward With Dangerous Approach On Expanding Patents
- Google Goes On The Offensive Against Troll Armed With Old Mp3 Player Patent
- IBM Wants To Patent A Printer That Won't Let You Output Unauthorized Copies
- Samsung SmartThings Platform Latest To Highlight Internet Of Things Security Is A Joke