by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 25th 2012 4:40pm
Law professor Colleen Chien, who has done some great work on the issue of patent trolls, is looking for insights and data from companies and developers who have been threatened by patent trolls. She's created a survey and is seeking input from those on the receiving end of patent threats: demand letters, lawsuits, etc. I know plenty of folks here have experienced that themselves and/or work for companies who have. If you have directly been on the receiving end, please fill out the (short) survey. If you work for a company who has, or if you know someone else who has been in this situation, please share the survey with them. The more accurate data that Chien has, the better the research will turn out in the end.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Elsevier Patents Online Peer Review
- Nice: NASA Opens Up Its Research Online For Free
- Former US Patent Office Director Freaked Out That Business Methods & Software Are Less Patentable Than Before
- Little Tree Air Freshener Company Sues Non-Profit For Making Tree Shaped Ornaments
- Who Should Get The Benefits When You Donate Your DNA For Research?