by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 25th 2012 4:40pm
Law professor Colleen Chien, who has done some great work on the issue of patent trolls, is looking for insights and data from companies and developers who have been threatened by patent trolls. She's created a survey and is seeking input from those on the receiving end of patent threats: demand letters, lawsuits, etc. I know plenty of folks here have experienced that themselves and/or work for companies who have. If you have directly been on the receiving end, please fill out the (short) survey. If you work for a company who has, or if you know someone else who has been in this situation, please share the survey with them. The more accurate data that Chien has, the better the research will turn out in the end.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 20: How The Patent System Is Broken
- EFF Helps Bust Bogus Patent That Was Being Used To Shake Down Podcasters
- Don't Think Open Access Is Important? It Might Have Prevented Much Of The Ebola Outbreak
- Copyrights & Patents Have Become A Religion; All Data Will Be Ignored
- US Patent Office Gamed The System To Make Sure Patent 9 Million Wasn't A Crazy Troll Patent