by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 25th 2012 4:40pm
Law professor Colleen Chien, who has done some great work on the issue of patent trolls, is looking for insights and data from companies and developers who have been threatened by patent trolls. She's created a survey and is seeking input from those on the receiving end of patent threats: demand letters, lawsuits, etc. I know plenty of folks here have experienced that themselves and/or work for companies who have. If you have directly been on the receiving end, please fill out the (short) survey. If you work for a company who has, or if you know someone else who has been in this situation, please share the survey with them. The more accurate data that Chien has, the better the research will turn out in the end.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- 532,900,000 Reasons Why We Need Patent Reform Now
- Should Open Source Intelligence Be Used For Policy Making?
- Cerf Warns Of A 'Lost Century' Caused By Bit Rot; Patents And Copyright Largely To Blame
- Elon Musk Clarifies That Tesla's Patents Really Are Free; Investor Absolutely Freaks Out
- Myriad Genetics Finally Gives Up Its Gene Patent Fight... Just As The Patent Office Opens The Doors Up To More Gene Patents