Thu, Jul 19th 2012 9:28am
Via Wrestling Inc, we learn that wrestler Val Venis will not be appearing in upcoming Raw SuperShow events due to the WWE's past support of SOPA and CISPA. According to a recent tweet, Val told one fan, "#WWE asked me to appear but I just cannot do anything with them for as long as they continue their support of #SOAP/#CISPA". While the WWE was never listed on the official Judiciary Committee list of supporters, the organization made many community sourced lists as a supporter of SOPA. Regardless of when and how the WWE came to be supportive of the unpopular bills, this shows that there is a long lasting bitter aftertaste left in the mouths of those who feel betrayed by organizations that supported SOPA and CISPA.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Singapore Court Tosses Copyright Troll Cases Because IP Addresses Aren't Good Enough Evidence
- Artist Sues Church For Moving His 9/11 Memorial Sculpture
- No, The Wall St. Bull Sculptor Doesn't 'Have A Point'
- WWE Attorney Tries To Sneak Address Of Wrestling Streaming Site By Offering A Gift Bag
- Professional Wrestling Just Bodyslammed Their PPV Business Model